Easy Guide: How to Root Moto E (2015) running Android 5.0 Lollipop
Root Moto E (2015) running Android 5.0 Lollipop:
Now Motorola Moto E (2015) is running on Android lollipop which is pretty cool, but it is quite difficult to root the phone.Don’t worry in this post I will teach you a very simple step by step guide on How to Root Moto E (2015) running Android 5.0 Lollipop.By rooting your phone, you can install 3rd party ROMs and tweak your device to boost battery life and performance of the phone.
- Rooting android will void your device’s warranty.
- This will not wipe your data, but we highly recommend to create a backup.
- We have no responsibility if your brick your device, so please use it at your own risk.
If you would like to root Moto E 2015 on Android 5.0 then go ahead and follow the given instructions to easily root Moto E (2015) on the official software version.
PRE REQUIRED STEPS:
- Create backup of all your user data and apps.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Moto E by going to Settings > Developer options.
- Download and install Motorola USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure that your Moto E Bootloader is unlocked. Here is the official method onMotorola portal
- Setup Android SDK on your PC to get ADB and Fastboot working.
Step By Step Guide on How to Root Moto E (2015) running Android 5.0 Lollipop:
1.First, download SuperSU Root (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.49.zip) on the desktop of your PC from the given link for Moto E (2015).
2.Now Plug your Moto E (2015) to the PC using its USB data cable.
3.Just transfer the downloaded UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.49.zip file to the root folder of microSD card on your Moto E.
4.Turn off your phone.Now turn on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.It will take you to the recovery mode.
5.You are in the recovery mode right! Now scroll down to“flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
6. Next, press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sd card”.
7.Navigate to the Update-SuperSU-v2.49.zip file which you’ve already transferred to the phone.Now select it using Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen to start the installation.
8.After the installation complete, reboot the device by choosing “reboot system now“ to reboot your Moto E (2015)
DONE!!!! You have just successfully rooted your Motorola Moto E (2015)
To verify the root status install Root Checker.
If you have any question then feel free to ask in the comment below.